Bus Safety Tips
- First published on 08 July 2008 Posted in Transportation
Welcome back to a new year! The safe transportation of your children is of the utmost importance to our company. To assist our drivers and us in providing the safest ride to and from school, please review the following items with your children:
- Always wait on the side of the road until the bus is at a complete stop.
- Always wait for the bus driver's hand signal before you cross the road.
- Stay seated at all times
- Sit facing the front of the bus
- Keep your voice at a low level so that you are not a distraction to the driver or other riders
- Show respect for other students at all times
- Obey the bus driver at all times - this will decrease driving distractions
- Elementary school students must ride in the front of the bus
- Middle school students must ride in the middle of the bus
- High school students ride in the back of the bus
Studies have shown that the majority of bus-related injuries to children occur outside of the bus. Please emphasize the importance of having your child wait for the bus driver's hand signal to cross the road to protect him/her from illegal passing motorists.
Daun Bus Services have been providing transportation for the Chilton School District since 1962 and with your support, we look forward to providing the safest ride in the 2008-2009 school year!