High School Office Administrative Assistant
- Posted in Employment Opportunities
Chilton High School is currently looking for a School Term plus Office Administrative Assistant, to start August 1st, 2021. This Administrative Assistant supports the efficient operation of the High School Office in addition to supporting our Student Service and Activity programs. This position will work each day students are present plus from the first week in August and 2 weeks following the end of the school year for a total of 210-215 days per year. This person will work under general supervision, handle confidential information, and will have frequent contact with all levels of students, school staff, outside agencies, and the public.
High School Diploma Required.
Applications due Friday July 8th, 2022
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet visitors and respond to routine inquiries from staff and the public; refer appropriate inquiries or problems to administration.
- Learn and become proficient in the use of a student information system (PowerSchool) to rectify student attendance and scheduling needs.
- Maintain physical and electronic files.
- Compile information and prepare reports as needed related to athletics, attendance and other functions.
- Use a computer and software programs (Microsoft Office, Skyward, Google) to enter, retrieve, or archive information.
- Support the High School Administrative Assistant in the day to day operations of the High School Office as needed.
- Assist Activities and Athletics Director in scheduling facilities and other aspects of or programs in R-school. This includes scheduling and verifying transportation for away events.
- Maintain rosters and eligibility paperwork requirements for all activity participants.
- Produce game programs for all home activity events.
- Assist High School Counselor in maintaining student schedules, course coding/setup for state reporting in PowerSchool.
- Maintain scheduling for mental health support through the Student Service Office by the School Counselor and outside support agencies.
- Operate a variety of office equipment (copier, fax machine, adding machine/calculator, telephone system, postage machine).
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including preparing routine correspondence, copying, sorting, filing, recording, typing, and general receptionist duties.
- Answer phones, take and relay messages; provide routine information to students, parents, or guardians.
- Provide basic emergency care for illness and injury of students and staff and complete any necessary accident reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Administration.
Description of Physical Requirements:
- Able to walk, stand, kneel, bend, sit (for long periods), and reach to retrieve materials.
- Requires intense concentration, particularly in a multi-phone busy office
- Able to handle multiple interruptions.
Characteristics, Abilities & Skills:
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Be honest, respectful, and trustworthy.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Work with the students and public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and listening communications skills.
Applications must be completed in writing by picking up an application from the Chilton School District 530 W. Main Street Chilton, WI, completed and returned or faxed to (920) 849-3998. Applications can also be found after this post. Applicants can also choose to apply at or on https://wecan.waspa.org/
At least 3 work related references
The Chilton School District is an equal opportunity employer.